CAFC Head of Recruitment Steve Gallen was a brilliant speaker at the CAST AGM on Thursday evening. He was eloquent, thoughtful, candid and diplomatic. He answered questions about:
- His role as Director
- The management team contracts
- The injury situation ("Hopeful that Lyle will be involved for Cardiff")
- The success of recent loan signings
- Thomas Driessen
- Player clashes in training
- Relationships with other London clubs
- Darren Pratley and Lyle Taylor
- The January transfer window
- Integrating Academy players
- The role of supporters
- Last minute goals
There will be a full write up of the Q&A session as soon as we can manage it, but this might take a few days. In the meantime, here are a few quotes:
"We all want stability and to be able to plan. We can't keep on working window to window"
"Lyle Taylor is the best signing I've ever made"
"Second best is Darren Pratley. He's getting better as a player"
"Lee Bowyer loves Charlton and he loves coming to work"
"I understand why people are boycotting but they are missing out. The football is good and the atmosphere is great"