The Charlton Athletic Supporters' Trust (CAST) has been set up by Charlton fans, for the benefit of Charlton Athletic Football Club.
We are fully affiliated to and committed to the democratic principles set out by The Football Supporters Association (formerly Supporters Direct) which is the umbrella organisation for Supporters' Trusts. Our formal structure is as a Community Benefit Society.
Here are the key sections of CAST's Constitution & Rules. You may download the full document via the link at the end.
COMMUNITY BENEFIT PURPOSE:
The Society’s purpose is to be the vehicle through which a healthy, balanced and constructive relationship between the Club and its supporters and the communities it serves is encouraged and developed. The business of the Society is to be conducted for the benefit of the community served by the Club and not for the profit of its members.
The Society’s objects are to benefit the community by:
- being the democratic and representative voice of the supporters of the Club and strengthening the bonds between the Club and the communities which it serves;
- achieving the greatest possible supporter and community influence in the running and ownership of the Club;
- promoting responsible and constructive community engagement by present and future members of the communities served by the Club and encouraging the Club to do the same;
- operating democratically, fairly, sustainably, transparently and with financial responsibility and encouraging the Club to do the same;
- being a positive, inclusive and representative organisation, open and accessible to all supporters of the Club regardless of their age, income, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality or religious or moral belief.
The Society may achieve these objects in whole or in part through an interest or interests in companies or societies provided that the objects of the companies or societies are consistent with the Society’s objects. In particular, in pursuit of these objects (but not otherwise) the Society may:
- acquire an interest in or ownership of the Club;
- secure democratic and accountable representation on the Club’s Board;
- take any other steps in relation to the Club which enable it to exercise the greatest possible influence in the ownership, governance and management of the Club.
In order to achieve its objects the Society may either itself or through a subsidiary company or society acting under its control:
- co-operate with other supporters organisations, co-operatives and societies conducted for the benefit of the community at local, national and international levels
- do anything else which is necessary or expedient to achieve its objects.
If you require any further information on our Constitution or Rules please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.