First, the answers to last week's quiz about 1980/81:
- Who didn’t feature in the opening nine games of the season, but played in all of the remaining matches and was named Player of the Year? - Nicky Johns
- Which former UEFA Cup Finalist, known as 'Meathook' at his former club, joined the Addicks during the season to stiffen up the defence? - Terry Naylor
- Charlton set a 13 match unbeaten League run before Christmas, the longest for over 50 years. Where did it end on Boxing Day in a 1-0 defeat?- Oxford
- The Curse of the Manager of the Month Award struck Mike Bailey with our heaviest defeat of the season on 7th February. Where was it and what was the scoreline? - Chester 0-4
- We only managed two league home gates over 10,000 that season. Both were London derbies. Who wre our two opponents? - Millwall and Fulham
- In the final seven games of the season we began to splutter but won the last away game to secure promotion; Who was it against? - Carlisle United
- During the season we made it to the Fifth Round of the FA Cup. Who knocked us out? - Ipswich Town
- In the First Round of the F A Cup, we won 2-0 at the Sportscentre, Hammarskjold Road. Who did we beat? - Harlow
- Three former Millwall players featured for the Addicks during the season. Who were they? - Nicky Johns, Phil Walker and Tony Hazell
- Only one overseas player featured for the Addicks that season making a solitary appearance. Who was it? - the legendary Jonny Ostergaard
This week's quiz offers an opportunity to younger supporters as it focuses on the last decade:
1. Name the loanee striker signed from Liverpool who score 3 goals in 21 appearances in the 2010/11 season.
2. In our magnificent promotion season of 2011/12 we had one brief wobble in March when we lost two home games in the space of five days, conceding seven goals. Can you name the teams who beat us?
3. In 2012/13 which player was captain and leading goal scorer as well as making the joint highest league and cup appearances?
4. 2013/14 was a rare season of cup success. We were drawn at home against the same club in each of our opening games in the League Cup and the FA Cup (1st and 3rd rounds). Can you name the club?
5. Before the 2014/15 season started we loaned a high profile player to Kuwait SC for six months. Name the player?
6. Name the three managers we had in the 2015/16 season.
7. Ademola Lookman left us in January of the 2016/17 season to join Everton. Within a few days he made his debut as a 90th minute substitute and scored the last goal in a 4-0 win. Against which team was that?
8. Who was Charlton's goalkeeper in 2017/18 - the only player to play in all 46 games ?
9. Yes, we beat Sunderland at Wembley last May but earlier in the season we broke the record for the biggest ever win in our history when we won an EFL Trophy game 8-0. Which club was on the receiving end?
10. In this interrupted season, based on games played so far, how many different players have
scored league goals?
Answers, as usual, next week.